Sunday, January 18, 2009

Feeding Steve's 60 Girl Friends


Another part of our life whether I enjoy it or not is Steve and his Farm. From January until about April or May we have to feed the cows. We also hope that within the next couple of months they all calf. I tease Steve that he spends more time with them than me that's why I call them his girl friends, I really don't mind helping on the farm but I would never tell him that. The kids love to go to the farm with their dad and feed the cows, ride 4-wheelers, and shoot their guns.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I like helping out at the farm as well. Well only when Steve's girls need to be moved. I am still hoping that next time I will get to do more than stand there and play fetch with somebodys dog. Like have my own horse, ride a fourwheeler, or even ride a cow, something.

Poulson's said...

OH girl! Sounds like you've had ALOT going on. I had NO idea that Steve was doing insurance stuff, that is AWESOME that he has his own office. Thats great. It sounds like you two are busy with a new business, and the farm and 5 KIDS! How do you keep up, because I am going to need some pointers. I'm really stressing lately I can't handle what I have going on let alone bringing ONE more into the mix.
I was planning on starting school in Feb taking online classes to get my Master's in Pyschology but I'm afraid I'll be putting that off. I just don't see how I can do it all right now.
It's time to start running this family like a business, isn't that what it seems it is? You just don't get pd money, but rather get paid in joy I guess. My kids are my life too I think I need them more then they need me as well as they teach me FAR MORE then I could ever teach them. Gotta love em, even though they make us LOOSE OUR MINDS, right?
I miss talking to ya, but I think of you often!
Love your guts
BREE